Sunday, October 16, 2011

Heavens Harvest Farm

On Saturday we went to the open house at Heavens Harvest Farm
which is where we get our organic produce through their CSA program 
(Community Supported Agriculture).


It was surprisingly windy and chilly, but Diego and I kept each other warm.  


This is one of the fields, and the only one I remember having black plastic. 
They said something about it already being there so they reuse it a lot or something...
but I wasn't really paying attention at that point. 


How could I when I had a little bear cub strapped to me?


They passed out freshly picked sage and lemon-balm. 
Diego clearly enjoyed the fragrance and I enjoyed tickling his nose.


This is inside the barn where they pack the produce once picked. 
They start picking Monday morning and keep packing to get ready to deliver on Tuesday morning.  
I don't think you can get much fresher produce than that!


By the time we got to the raspberry field, Diego was asleep.


Still sleeping through the herb/medicine gardens...


...and still sleeping on the way back in for lunch.

But before Diego fell asleep, and while we were waiting to go into a greenhouse, 
he discovered a very fun thing to do while attached to his Mama:


He did that a lot for the first 30 minutes or so of the tour.  
No wonder we stayed so warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment